Ever wanted to teach your dog how to catch a flying disc out of the air?
Looking for a fun way to get your dog's energy out?
Does your dog love to play with toys?
Does your dog chase the disc and just watch it fall instead of catching it?
This class is for you! Your dog can be catching discs in no time! This course will show you how to train your dog to catch a flying disc with just 5 simple exercises with easy to understand text and video lessons.
Equipment Needed: Discs
Dog Age: 6 months+
- New Addition! Coming Soon!
- Building Interest in the Disc
- Getting the Catch
- Increasing Distance & Success
- Training Tricks to Your Disc Dog
- Through Legs/Leg Weave
- Back Up Through Legs
- Jump in Arms
- About Disc Dog Competition Events!
- When Are You Ready for a Disc Dog Competition?
- Find Your Local Disc Dog Club
- What to Expect at a Disc Dog Competition
- Further Your Expertise!
I've been competing in disc dog events since 2006. I have 8 incredible disc dogs who have taught me a lot. Together, we've traveled around the world, winning various disc dog championships. I'm excited to share my tips, tricks, and training methods with you!
Disc Dog Competition Accomplishments
• 20 World Championship Wins with 3 dogs in 4 organizations (AWI, Skyhoundz, UFO, USDDN) - most of any handler
• 36 World Championship Podium Finishes with 7 dogs in 5 disciplines (Overall, Freestyle, Toss & Fetch, Pairs, and Long Distance)
• 4 National Long Distance Series Wins with the most Quadruped event wins (12) of any dog (Sketch)
• Quadruped National Women’s Distance Record Holder, 81.3 yards (Sketch)
• Purina Incredible Dog Challenge Freestyle Flying Disc National Champion (Torch)
• Winner on Season 2 of The Gong Show (Torch)
(See full list of accomplishments here.)