Ever wanted to teach your dog stand on your back?
How about stand on your back and then jump off to catch a frisbee?
Does your dog jump over you when you try to do a vault or stall?
Does your dog run around you when you try to do a vault or stall?
Can't throw the disc where your dog can catch it?
This class is for you! Learn how to train vaults & stalls, throw a vault toss, and troubleshoot common problems with detailed text and 17 video lessons. This course will show you how to safely train your dog to vault & stall and look his best doing it!
Equipment Needed: Treats, table, vaulting vest, discs (more information in the free preview)
Dog Age: 18 months+
- The Vault of Vaults! - Definitions & Examples
Key Foundations for the Dog
- Stalling vs Vaulting vs Jumping Skills
- The Table Method Step 1
- The Table Method Step 2
- The Table Method Step 3
- The Table Method Step 4
- The Table Method Step 5
- Reverse Vault (Rebound) Foundation
Key Foundations for the Human
- Your Throw
- Your Position
- Throwing in Position
Generalizing the Foundation Behavior
- Bridging the Gap Part 1
- Bridging the Gap Part 2
Creating Safe & Successful Vaults
- Proper Form & Landings
- Waiting for Cue
- Perfecting what you've learned
27x Disc Dog World Champion
Kirby McIlveen, CCFT
I've been competing in disc dog events since 2006. I have 8 incredible disc dogs who have taught me a lot. Together, we've traveled around the world, winning various disc dog championships. I'm excited to share my tips, tricks, and training methods with you!
Disc Dog Accomplishments
• 27 World Championship Wins with 4 dogs in 4 organizations (Torch, Muse, Sora, Flare)
• 55 World Championship Podium Finishes with 8 dogs (Sketch, Flash, Torch, Muse, Volt, Sora, Key, Flare)
• 5 Quadruped National Long Distance Series Wins with 15 event wins (Sketch, Psy, Sora)
• Purina Incredible Dog Challenge Freestyle Flying Disc National Champion (Torch)
• USDDN Level 4 Certified Judge
• UpDog Certified Freestyle Judge
(See full list of accomplishments here.)